Visit the Family Hub
We're proud to announce that we have been selected as the new East Central Family Hub! Whether you are looking for a parenting programme, baby group or activities for kids, you can find it here. We work in partnership with St Pauls Children’s Centre, Cashmore Early Years Centre, St Phillips Marsh Nursery School and Wellspring Health Visiting Team to share information to support families in our local community. For information, advice and guidance on childcare, benefits or tax credits call 0117 357 4192 or email askcyps@bristol,gov.uk
Strengthening families, strengthening communities
A parenting programme designed to help you access information and strategies that will support you to raise happy and successful children.
Our next course starts on Thursday January 11th, 2024 and runs for 11 weeks (excluding school holidays). This will be delivered at the Settleemnt Site, Ducie Road.
Parents or carers can self-refer, or professionals can refer someone using the green buttons to the right.
The course will help you to
• Build positive family relationships
• Manage anger and stress
• Implement effective discipline strategies
• Gain confidence and communication skills
• Understand your child’s development
• Recognise and value your family and cultural traditions
• Meet others and share ideas
The Nurturing Programme is a 10-week course that can help you get the best out of family life. The course aims to:
- Help parents understand and manage feelings and behaviour while becoming more positive and nurturing in their relationships with their children and each other
- Give children and parents an emotionally healthy springboard for their lives and learning
- Promote emotional literacy and emotional health
- Develop communication and relationship skills with their children and the wider family and community
- Enhance self esteem, self- awareness and empathy
- Provide effective strategies to encourage co-operative, responsible behaviour and manage challenging behaviour in children.
There is currently a course running and we hope another will be starting soon. Please check again for future dates, or fill in our referral form on the right and we can let you know the dates for the next course.
Antenatal Rockabye is a small, closed group, for any pregnant women who would like to reflect on their hopes and fears of becoming a parent. It’s a chance for mothers to reflect on anything that might get in the way of connecting with their baby, before their baby is born.
- Your journey to becoming pregnant
- The emotional impact of pregnancy, especially during the pandemic
- Your hopes and fears about becoming a parent
- What babies need in order to thrive
- Dealing with stress
- How you were parented and how you would like to parent
- Building support systems
The next group will start on October 3rd and run until November 14th, term time only.
Stay and Play
Come and join our fun and stimulating stay and play sessions for families in the local area. There’ll be singing, storytelling and lots of other fun activities for children aged 0-5 years and their parents/ carers.
These sessions are term time only.
0-12 month Baby Club
This friendly baby group will help you and your child to build on friendships through play, stories and singing. Sessions run on Tuesdays from 1.30pm to 2.30pm, and you can contact Tracey or Shan for more information.